Special Event Rental / Private Charters
Hold your next special event with Tygart Lake Cruises! Choose our unique venue for your next party, business function, company picnic, group reunion, fundraiser, baby shower, graduation party, wedding, and more! Let the crew provide you and your guests with an experience to remember.
We are located in Tygart Lake State Park in Grafton, West Virginia. Just 30 miles from Morgantown, WV, 22 miles from Fairmont, WV, and 20 miles from Bridgeport, WV.
To reserve a date and time contact us at 304-672-7701!
During a private cruise the “Princess” sails along the beautiful 10-mile-long Tygart Lake from the Tygart River Dam to Pleasant Creek and back. A captain and at least one hostess accompany your group throughout the duration of your cruise.
- A private charter lasts 2-hours with four time slots for you to choose from. Morning 10:00 am – 12:00 am, or 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Afternoon 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, or Evening 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Admission rates are $25 per person, children 5 and under free
- A minimum of 40 paying individuals is required for a two-hour time slot with a maximum of 120 individuals.
- For groups wanting to charter for an additional hour utilizing two time slots, the minimum group size required is 80 individuals.
- For a full-day rental of the Princess Cruise boat a 120 individual minimum is required and sailing/docked times can be determined depending on your event schedule.
- $200 deposit and signed contract are required to book your cruise date/time. Deposit is NOT subtracted from your balance due for admissions on your private charter.
- Deposit is mailed back within two weeks after your cruise date
- Charter balance must be paid in full prior to setting sail on your private cruise charter
- Undercover seating for 70 people at 12 dining tables on the lower deck with A/C
- Upper Deck is open and seats 40 individuals under a covered canopy.
- Steam tables available for catered events
- You may bring your own food or hire your own caterer
- Wheelchair accessibility on lower deck
- Life jackets are required and provided for children 12 and under
- Two restrooms on lower deck
Time slots go quickly and must be secured with deposit and signed contract.
For up to date availability and questions call or email:
Tygart Lake Cruises | 304-672-7701 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Cruise FAQ
Are life jackets provided?
Yes. We have life jackets aboard for all passengers. Children ages 12 and under are required to wear a life jacket. You may bring their own or we will provide a jacket for them at the marina.
How many people can the cruise boat hold?
125 passengers total including our employees. You may bring aboard 120 guests including yourself. Upper deck capacity is limited to 50 passengers at a time.
What does a Private Charter consist of?
Rental of the Princess Cruise Boat for a Private Charter consists of the rental of the Princess Cruise boat for a 2-hour cruise charter. 1 Captain and at least 1 Hostess accompany your charter to assist you.
What are my non-alcoholic & alcoholic beverage options?
You may bring alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages aboard a private charter and provide them for your guests.
Do you provide food? Can I bring food aboard?
Tygart Lake Cruises does NOT provide catering services but you may bring your own dishes weather they be carry-out, pot-luck or provided by a local caterer. We have a list of caterers who are familiar with the Princess cruise boat. It is your responsibility to secure a caterer for your private cruise should you desire to.
Do you offer decorating services? How early can we board the boat to prepare?
No, we are unable to offer decorating services or supplies due to our cruise schedule. There is a 1-hr period allotted between cruise times for clean-up of the previous cruise and boarding time for the next cruise. You may board the boat 30-45 minutes prior to your cruise time to set-up. If you would like more time for set-up it is recommended you book 2-time slots or consider a full-day boat access rental so you may have access to the boat prior to your sail time for set-up. Booking additional time-slots does increase the minimum requirement of individuals for your charter.
Can I have my wedding and reception aboard the cruise boat?
Yes! Great for smaller weddings, use the upper deck for your ceremony while using the West Virginia hills, lake, and other scenery as a back drop! Tygart Lake Cruises is also ideal for small receptions, bridal showers, or rehearsal dinners. A Full-Day rental is recommended for Wedding Cruises to allow your group adequate set-up and tear-down time. Full-day rentals still have a max on the water/sail time of 3 hours.
What Audio/Video Equipment is available?
The sound system will accommodate IPODS/MP3 players and phones. You may also use the CD player, and wireless microphone. Speakers are located on both the upper and lower decks.
Is the cruise boat climate controlled?
The lower deck of the boat is enclosed, and the cabin may be heated or cooled upon request. The upper deck is open to the elements and is not enclosed.
What happens if it rains?
All cruises sail rain or shine. In the event of severe weather conditions that the captain deems too severe to sail, the charterer has the option of holding the function aboard the boat by remaining at port or rescheduling the cruise. Should neither option be feasible or other party time scheduled, we will refund 100% of your deposit
Are there after dark cruises?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer after dark or overnight cruises due to the safety of our passengers exiting the boat as well as safely docking the vessel back at port.
Contact us to begin planning your group’s visit by calling 304-672-7701